Friday 21 December 2012

Catching up....

Hello everyone,

I'm so sorry I have been MIA for a while, I swear it's because I have been busy and not because I have been avoiding the blog....at least partially....So much has happened in the last few months that I don't even know where to start. For one, I'M ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!!!!! (*insert squeals of joy and child-like bouncing*)
That's right...we were so excited that we didn't realize he put the ring on the wrong hand until after the photos haha.
 C was the master of secrecy for months and I of course was too busy with work that I didn't really pick up on the secrets. I'm usually really good at ruining surprises...and C's jokes but that's another story. To begin, C had been promising me a private picnic day all year round but life kept getting busy so it didn't happen all spring or summer long. Fast forward to September 2012, my job is stressful and the hours are shifty and long so I was really in need of some relaxation time away from reality (which also explains the spur of the momentish *yup i makeup my own words no big deal* trip to Disney World...again another story...) So we made plans *sorta* C kept saying that one of the Saturdays in September we would go out have a picnic and I could take photos of us. So the Saturdays in September came and went and no picnic. Then C gave me the ultimate PINKY SWEAR (that means legit) that we would have our picnic the first weekend of October before Thanksgiving (Canuck over here :) So we headed to the grocery store and picked up juice boxes, bread, more meat then a t-Rex would eat and napkins. Thursday moved its way to us and C told me that friday's picnic may have to wait because he might be getting a call to go into work anytime during the day on friday (which turned out that the ring had been delayed in the mail which was unexpected to him so he couldnt propose during the picnic which had been his plan all along) (* i know I ramble, eh*) So that weekend came and went with no picnic. He was "called into work" on the friday (which was a call saying the ring was ready for pick up) . October 12, 2012 we set out on this picnic. *Finally!!!!!!!* So the day goes as followed (btw everyone else knew what was to happen during this picnic BUT me!!! Sneaky bas****, but I love him!)


We brought out our lovely-but-not-so-lady-like dog, Lady.

Set up the picnic area. Not a bad location either. It was a beautiful day, not too hot and not too cold. Sunny.
So we took a bunch of pictures




So then he started to muster up some courage, not that I noticed. I was just smiling pretty for the camera. 

Finally he told me to shut my eyes (thought it was going to be a cute kissing photo) little did I know that he would pop out the ring!


and I was stunned and speechless....which if you truly know me is hard to do.... and then those magical words came out of his mouth "quer se casar comigo?" Yup that's right, he asked me in portuguese (which is my background). That took me by surprise, I even managed to ask if my mother had taught him that before I said yes...she didn't but the cleaner at his workplace did. *Awesomebuckets!! Thank you*By the way...I managed to say yes.

Joyful hugs, tears and kisses were in store after my yes moment.

Easily one of the best days of my life. I think Lady agrees.

0 comments:

Post a Comment